Executive Branch Director
The Ocean Community YMCA located in beautiful Southeastern Connecticut is seeking an Executive Director for the Naik Family Branch in Mystic, CT.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Providing leadership, supervision, and staff development to over 100 full and part-time branch staff and volunteers.
- Managing a total operating budget of $2.4 million.
- Oversite of programs and services at the branch including the gymnasium, pool, Wellness Center, Childwatch, Exercise studios, Teen Center, Camp Cove, Tennis Courts, and other outdoor areas.
- Active participation in the Annual Support Campaign and financial development activities for the branch.
- Providing leadership and motivation to the Board of Managers to ensure the branch is prepared to meet community needs and services. Plays a significant role in recruitment, training, and development of a growing and productive Branch Board of Managers.
- Supervises the use and maintenance of the facility to ensure a clean, functional, and safe environment.
- Continually updating and improving current programs such as aquatics, fitness, youth sports, family activities and collaborative activities with community agencies.
- Joining community networks to develop and provide programs to address community issues. Collaborates with businesses to further the work of the YMCA.
The right candidate will:
- Possess successful YMCA or other non-profit executive experience that includes extensive management and supervisory experience.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree plus 5-10 years of operational experience and organizational leadership.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a proven track record of successful fundraising.
- Possess leadership qualities such as critical thinking and decision making, emotional maturity, and communication and influence.
- Have current CPR/AED/FA/Emergency Oxygen Administration Certification-Red Cross or equivalent or will obtain.
Applications and resumes accepted online.