Before and After School Child Care Director/Teaching Assistant
The Ocean Community YMCA is proud to be part of the School's Out Program providing before and after school care to kids in the local school systems.
We are currently seeking Site Directors and Teaching Assistants for the fall.
These positions are part-time with flexible hours.
Site Director responsibilities include:
- Planning, scheduling, and implementing activities and programs for the children
- Communicating effectively with parents, facilitators, and/or principals
- Maintaining accurate documentation and coordination of schedules along with the School's calendar
Teaching Assistant responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Site Director with preparing and implementing activities
- Supervising the children during activities and quiet homework time
Both positions serve as role models for the children and must be punctual, reliable, and comfortable working with children.
Experience in a school or childcare setting are required. Associates degree in education, child development, or human services required for Site Directors.
Additional qualifications include current certifications for CPR/AED/First Aid and Emergency Oxygen Administration-Red Cross or equivalent. The YMCA can assist with certification if needed.
Come join our team; apply online today!